Would you like to read a book in which this happens?
It’s one of my all-time favorite books. It’s called Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn. He describes it as an “progressively lipogrammatic epistolary fable.”
It is written in the form of letters between the citizens of the fictional island of Nollop, an independent nation off the coast of South Carolina and home of Nevin Nollop, who invented the phrase “the quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.” That phrase is written in tiles over a statue of Nollop in their town square, and when one night a storm causes one of the tiles to fall, the council decides that it’s a sign from Nollop that they are no longer allowed to use that letter, in speech or writing, on pain of progressive punishments including public beating and up to banishment.
Then another tile falls. Then another.
The citizens, who are all very attached to their words and writing, mount a campaign to come up with a phrase that uses all 26 letters but is shorter than Nollop’s, thus proving that he was not divine and negating all the edicts.
Because the novel is told in the form of letters the citizens write, and this is the genius part…the author must also stop using the letters as they fall. So the book gradually stops using letters until at one point I think they’re down to just five.
The resolution literally made me get up and dance around the room.
It’s clever, creative, and a not-really-veiled-at-all parable about monotheistic oligarchy. It’s not a long book, you can read it in an afternoon.
GO READ IT RIGHT NOW.
This is amazing
For example, you can:
- be in a shampoo commercial
- start a boy band:
- spot some choice booty:
- break into song:
- see some people in frankly offensive outfits:
- attend a metal show:
- listen to some sick jams:
- discover zombieism:
- sample some tasty snacks:
- watch someone get burned bad:
- find something you really like:
- find something you really, really like:
- find something you REALLY REALLY LIKE:
- and wonder if you left the stove on:
- Dean was very good at wrestling
- Sam had a magic phase
- dean liked/likes to wear women’s underwear
- Sam had been bullied and was a bully
- John Winchester used to go to sleep listening to a music box
- Sam is really good at poker
- Sam and Dean liked superheros growing up and used to pretend to be them
- Dean likes black licorice
- Cas can tell infections by smelling a person/body
- Bobby liked to get Pedicures
- John Winchester was neglectful
- Dean’s birthday as a human was January 24th, 2014. He was 35.
- The last episode with Chuck in it he disappeared in a puff of white smoke. No confirmed Death.
- Sam has been married once
- Jimmy’s daughter is still alive
- Dean watches soap operas
- Dean walked in on Sam watching Casa Erotica
- Almost every male character in the show that hes been in the show for 3+ episodes have been alcoholic
- Dean can play guitar
- The Winchester brothers watch Game of Thrones
- Sam is worthy enough to hold Mjolnir
- Sam and Dean share a heaven
- we have no knowledge of where Jesse the antichrist is
- Sam and Dean have not celebrated Christmas since 2007
- Dean’s allergic to cats
- 3/4 of the immediate Winchester family have made deals with demons. 2/4 have been possessed by demons. 1/4 have slept with a demon
- Dean has had at least one child
- Sam has had 2 STDs, both of which were given (and taken away by) supernatural creatures
- Sam has had more foreign souls and supernatural creatures inside his meat suit than and other character in Supernatural
- Crowley owns the Moon
- Adam said yes. It is unclear if his soul was present in his body when Sam, Lucifer and Michael dived into the Cage though it is likely
- Sam’s room at the bunker has a tv in it
- Dean is scared of flying, Sam is scared of clowns
seeing your NOTP (that you hate) on your dash, but understanding that it’s their opinion and ur not a hater
Photos all from various sources on FB and spread through out the doll pages but without proper credits so I’m not sure who owns these. But also, about damn time, Garrot!!!!! :3
he is gorgeous
This is so important!
I never know what to ask and end up looking like a fool cause I don’t have a question prepared.
Don’t be me.